8oz (1/2lb) Tapered Salmon Cans with “easy-open” Lids
Typically sold in pack sizes of 48/box Can dimensions: 307 x 200 The 8oz tapered salmon can is our most popular can. Easy to use, stack-able making it compact for shipping when empty, makes it a good choice. Now adding to this already stellar canning solution, the 8oz tapered salmon can, comes a convenient, easy to use, “easy open”, pull-tab type lids. These lids are fitted with a pull tab on the side of the lid and opening the can does not require a special tool or can opener. This is great option for back-packers and campers. With the convenience of a professionally packed product that the combination of the 8oz tapered salmon can and easy-open lid brings, it is little wonder as to the reason why easy-open lids is a growing preferred choice with serious canners.
Optional plastic over caps for these cans are sold separately.
Can Dimension Conversion Chart***
In order to help you understand the various sizes of cans, the following chart is a comparison of the food cans that we carry. It lays out the naming convention of the can, dimensions, capacity, and type of can, and the size of chuck required on your can sealer;
Approx. Capacity **
|211 x 106 Dry Herb Can||2-11/16″ Dia. x 1-1/16″ High||3oz||Steel, Straight smooth sides||211|
|4oz Tuna Can||3-1/16″ Dia. x 1-6/16″ High||4oz||Steel, Straight smooth sides||301|
|6oz Salmon Can||3-7/16″ Dia. x 1-11/16″ High||6oz||Steel, Straight, smooth sides||307|
|8oz Tapered Salmon Can||3-7/16″ Dia. x 2″ High||8oz||Steel, Tapered, smooth sides||307|
|#1 Can||2-11/16″ Dia. x 4″ High||10oz||Steel, Straight, beaded sides||211|
|#2 Short Can||3-7/16″ Dia. x 3-1/2″ High||13oz||Steel, Straight, beaded sides||307|
|300 Can||3″ Dia. x 4-7/16″ High||14oz||Steel, Straight, beaded sides||300|
|16oz Tapered Salmon Can||3-1/16″ Dia. x 4-8/16″ High||16oz||Steel, Tapered, smooth sides||301|
|#2 Can||3-7/16″ Dia. x 4-9/16″ High||19oz||Steel, Straight, beaded sides||307|
|#2 1/2 Can||4-1/16″ Dia. x 4-11/16″High||28oz||Steel, Straight, beaded sides||401|
|#3 Tall Can||4-4/16″ Dia. x 7″ High||48oz||Steel, Straight, beaded sides||404|
|#10 Can||6-3/16″ Dia. x 7″ High||100oz||Steel, Straight, beaded sides||603|
Metal Tin Can Dimensions
Understanding metal tin can dimensions is easy if you know how to interpret the numbers. Here is a guide to help you.
- In North America, numbers are usually stated in inches and in 16th of an inch.
- By way of convention, the diameter of the can is always mentioned first.
- The most basic can size description lists only two dimensions: diameter x height.
- Each number is a three digit number which is broken down into the following components:
(a) The first digit represents inches.
(b) The second and third digits represent a 16th of an inch.
An Example – Putting it all together
A can with the dimensions 307 x 409 means that the can is 3 inches and 7/16th of an inch wide (across its diameter); and it is 4 inches and 9/16th of an inch high. So using the cart above, this can in our example is a #2, 19oz, can.
Looking for more metal tin can options?
For an overview of other cans we have on offer, please review the product descriptions listed for each can under our Metal Food Cans section.
Need a Manual Can Sealer or an Electric Canning Machine?
For an overview of the canning machines we have on offer, please review the product descriptions listed for each machine under our Manual Can Sealers and Electric Canning Machines section.
*** Chart is for easy reference purposes only. Exact can capacities may vary slightly.
** Sizes are descriptive for comparison purposes. Please ensure that the product is suitable for your intended purpose.
1. Cans need a correctly configured can sealer in order to secure and seal a lid onto can. Can sealers are sold as seperate items.
2. Cans and can sealers are not returnable for any reason whatsoever.
3. Cans may dent or damage slightly during transportation. These are not returnable nor refundable.
4. All shipping done by Wells Can Company, Ltd is at buyer’s own risk.
5. Wells Can Company (Ltd), including its associates, partners, and affiliates do not warranty the use of cans for any purpose, including food. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the cans meet requirements as required by the buyer or requirements as laid out by any other governing body that the buyer may engage.
6. Can sizes are descriptive in nature for comparison purposes only. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the product is suitable for its intended purpose.